Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Calls

I received the sweetest call this morning from my wife. She called to tell me that my 2yr old saw my travel mug and desperately wanted to make me coffee and bring it to work. How very cute.

While I was on the phone with my wife my desk and cell phone were ringing off the hook. Once I hung up I answered the next call to come in. It turned out to be a co-worker unable to login into his computer. He was receiving an error stating his profile couldn’t be loaded due to permissions issues.

He was attempting to login to the old domain which is housed on an old Gentoo Linux box hosting an old NT Domain. I check his permissions and all was good. He then read the file he didn’t have permission to, which was located in the java cache directory, and I deleted the entire cache directory. He was then able to login and was immediately confronted with an MS Security Essentials warning about a Java Exploit located in the java cache directory.

He was more then saddened by being exploited in such a way. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment