Monday, December 13, 2010

A day in the life

There is very little about my life that is typical.

I work for a small MSO that does everything on the cheap. Which makes every project an adventure. I don't mind, but there are somethings I kinda wish were typical about work. First would be the use of tables as a desk. This normally wouldn't bother me, but I have no storage system. So my "desk" is always a mess. I have a title, but it means little as I am asked to do everything from programing channels to fixing desktop printers. Again I don't mind, but it makes it hard to give them a clear and concise view of what I do in a typical day.

I'm a wanna be actor, but I live so far from everything it is pathetic. I am doing all I can to make a difference in my community, but I find it hard to be a one man show at times. Though keep your eyes pealed as I will be posting some work soon and I will be filming a movie locally this spring. I can't wait.

I'm a father of three and this is probably the most typical part of my life. This is also the main reason I live so far from everything. I live in one of the most comfortable communities I have seen in a long time. This is not to say it is safe, but it is much safer then a large city by far.

Well that's it for now. I have to run and build a new DNS and time architecture for our cable customers. And right before Christmas...I love this job.
-Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment